This years Mint 400 was a battle of brands with over 100 teams fighting in nearly 10 classes for the crown. So far the UTV class results are unofficial but here’s the podiums in several classes.
In the Pro Turbo ranks, Branden Sims lead wire to wire taking his second Mint win. Sims was trailed all day by fellow Polaris RZR teammate Jacob Carver. Dustin Jones brought his S3 Powersports Can-Am X3 home in third.
At the start of the day, the big question is how well will the Hondas do? Unfortunately, both of the new Proctor Racing Talons failed to finish.
Two youth drivers also turned heads in the full sized UTV Classes. Twelve year old Jake Olliges took another first in the Rally class driving an X3. He shared driving duties with his Off-Road racing Icon father Steve Olliges. Even more impressive, is that 11 year old Ruslan Yankilevich piloted his Polaris RS1 by himself for three laps and finished 10th in UTV Rally way passed his bed time.
The major news out of the official results is that Robby Gordon was striped of his Pro N/A UTV win. The Mint 400 describes the penalty below.
2020 Mint 400 Race Penalties and Disqualifications
Following thorough research into each race incident, we have come to the following decisions regarding race incidents:
● Robby Gordon – Class UTV Pro NA – #1971
- ○ Incident
- Driving with no co-driver for a 35 mi stretch of racecourse
- Utilizing an unregistered person in a co-driver position for 1 full lap of therace.
- ○ Determination – Driver is Disqualified from the race
■ Reason – Having an unlicensed/unregistered driver in the co-driver position for 1 full lap of the race
- ○ The incident of driving with no co-driver for a 35 mi stretch was allowed via Pit A Captain due to a medical emergency.
- ○ The incident of short coursing was evaluated. It was determined that this was done by several other racers as well and is being allowed due to confusion with course markings.
So, the official podium results are below.
PRO TURBO PODIUM
Branden Sims…Polaris RZR XPT4
Jacob Carver…Polaris RZR XPT4
Dustin Jones….Can-Am Maverick X3
PRO N/A PODIUM
Adrian Orellana…Polaris RZR XP4
Kaden Wells…Polaris RZR XP4
Joe Bolten…Polaris RZR XP
PRO UNLIMITED PODIUM
Travis Zollinger…Can-Am Maverick X3
Eric Phillips…Can-Am Maverick X3
Jeremiah Drew…Can-Am Maverick X3
UTV RALLY PODIUM
Jack Olliges…Can-Am Maverick X3
Cameron Meister…Can-Am Maverick X3
Lucas Kassity…Textron Wildcat XX
UTV SPORTSMAN PODIUM
Hector Jimenez…Polaris RZR XP
Elijah Kiger…Polair XP
Billy Wilson…Can-Am Maverick X3
Full Overall Results Here.