CAN-AM AND JAMIE McCOY WIN ULTRA4 UTVS
ON THE PODIUM: 4WP TEAR DOWN IN TENNESSEE
Jamie McCoy, who won the Big Buck GNCC 2018 UXC1 Pro Turbo class and was in the top 10 in AXCC Pro Turbos in 2019, topped the UTV field at the Ultra4 4WP Tear Down in Tennessee, held at Pittsburg’s Adventure Off-Road Park. McCoy and his Can-Am X3 Turbo was top UTV qualifier, beating Karson Atkins by two seconds on a one-minute qualifying loop.
In the UTV race, McCoy covered four laps and finished 16 minutes and 15 seconds ahead of Scott Lesage (Pol), with James Cantrell (Pol) another three-plus minutes behind. McCoy’s best lap was a 17:26.242, and class 4400 winner Erik Miller’s fastest lap was a 17:08.107, only 18 seconds quicker! Jamie turned a faster lap than former Hammers winner Shannon Campbell and 21 other 4400 competitors, proving the UTV class to be second in speed only to the top 4400 racer. McCoy and Atkins were quicker than all 4500, 4600 and 4800 4×4 racers as well, and UTV entries were second only to the premier 4400 class.
TEAR DOWN IN TENNESSEE UTV RESULTS
1. Jamie McCoy/C-A…1:21:51.557/4
2. Scott Lesage/Pol…1:37:06.875/4
3. James Cantrell/Pol…1:40:28.691/4
4. John Roginsky/Pol…1:43:43.261/4
5. Malcom McKenzie/125…1:24:26.804/3
6. Justin Barth/Pol…1:27:17.428/3
7. Travis Zollinger/C-A…1:32:34.665/3
8. Scott Raymer/Pol…1:34:11.631/3
9. Matt McIntosh/Pol…1:50:03.036/3
10. Karson Atkins/722…41:26.543/2