The Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 1000 has had a great first year in service. We’ve taking the machine on several long distance trips including the Rubicon, the Arizona Peace Trail and our signature test trail in California from Mojave to Mammoth. For 2022, Yamaha added performance and style upgrades to the new RMAX Sport model we are highlighting them here.
1. New GBC tires 30-inch GBC, Terra Master, 10-ply rated radial tires. Featuring a unique asymmetrical design with each side different than the other, the Terra Masters offer contrasting ride and handling characteristics, depending on the setup. “Side A” the stock setup, offers a larger void ratio with horizontal lugs for soft to intermediate terrain, increasing forward acceleration and enhanced braking. “Side B” offers a smaller void ratio with circumferential grooves for improved grip in the corners and a greater contact patch on intermediate to hard off road surfaces. All four tires are the same size.
2. Further Wolverine RMAX2 1000 enhancements include new 14 inch cast aluminum color-matched beadlock wheels (borrowed from the YXZ1000r) on Sport and XT-R models. These are the first factory installed beadlock wheels on any Wolverine.
3. Adjustable crossover rings on the shocks will allow for more preload adjustment and sensitivity whether you are trying to control bucking over the bumps or body roll in the corners.
4. The new shocks also include 24 clicks of high and low speed compression adjustment, offering a sportier handling feel with increased high speed bottoming resistance. The RMAX2 1000 Sport retains its best in class 13.8 inches of ground clearance, 14.2 inches of front and 16.9 inches of rear suspension travel which is more than any other A-arm equipped UTV.
5. Finally, the Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport is available in a new Team Yamaha Blue bodywork with matching beadlock rings. Inside, color-matched, ultra-plush cut & sew seats match a blue interior lighting package that helps easily navigate controls. The blue LED lighted switches, floor lights and console lighting complement the automotive-inspired cockpit and are also color-matched to the new blue-backlit meter.
Yamaha RMAX Sport