NEW VELOCITY 6.5 GOGGLE
Leatt never skimps on safety, and neither should you. While in most states helmet laws are minimal or just nowhere to be found, it seems to be a general standard for rider to wear goggles. Whether it be wind, mud, sand, rocks, or branches that intrude on your ride, sunglasses usually won’t cut it.
WHY BULLET PROOF?
The all new Velocity 6.5 goggle from Leatt goes beyond the standards of safety with bullet proof technology. They legitimately tested several batches of lenses on a range with both a .22 pistol and a shotgun. But these are off-road goggles, not range specs. So why use over-the-top tech for such simple protective gear? A Leatt spokesperson pointed out that in the unlikely event of a branch, piece of re bar, or some other random object hitting you while riding t top speeds could be catastrophic. Plus the bulletproof lens material is scratch and fog resistant, so even without freak accidents your goggles will be helpful.
HIGH TECH STYLE
There’s more to this new goggle than just the “range ready” factor. These new specs are designed to be super user friendly. The design features a lens that is universal with all Leatt goggles and always will be according to the company. They are also designed to be easily interchangeable to fit whatever style you feel like. Field of vision is a whopping 170 degrees and features drain ports to improve visibility, especially in mud! All goggles come with tear offs, and they can all be fitted with Leatt’s advanced roll-off system. The removable nose guard, triple layer foam, and dual density tapered frame make or maximum comfort.
THE WHOLE ENCHILADA
Bulletproof lens tested to:
– ANSI Z87.1-2015
– Military Ballistic Impact Standard (MIL-DTL-43511D)
– Certified CE EN 1938 :2010
• Out-riggers with a 50mm Anti-Slip coated strap
• WideVision (170°) Anti-Fog lens
• Permanent anti-fog function built into the inner lens polymer
• Self-draining lens/frame design
• Easy clip-in/out lens change
• Dual-density frame for fit, seal and comfort
• Tapered custom shape to fit even those difficult helmets
• OTG – over-the-glasses fit
• Triple-layer, dual-density foam and anti-sweat fleece backing
• Roll-Off ready for our WideVision 48mm system (optional)
• Tear-Off ready with posts. Tear-off pack included
• Removable nose guard
• Soft bag included
• Optional lenses available from 20-83% light transmission (VLT)