Time to get back to nature in our UTVs, and the Papa Bear Run is a great way to get your beast out of hibernation this father’s Day weekend. If you can’t make this Papa Bear Run, set your calendar to attend the Paiute Trail Jamboree August 5-8, 2020; see www.paiutejam.com.
The Papa Bear Run will be held June 20th, with registration at the Marysvale Park. They will be practicing social distancing and have planned the ride to protect everyone’s safety. Ride directly from the park to the Paiute trailhead, and the course will be marked with free maps provided.
Best of all, the Papa Bear Run is free, $5 if you participate in the Poker Run for prizes!
Schedule of Events
Check in will begin at 8:30 am at the Marysvale Park, Marysvale, Utah.
Breakfast 9:00am – 10:30am: Biscuits and Gravy, Juice and coffee. ($9.50 Optional Meal Ticket required, Breakfast served at the Marysvale City Park. ) Breakfast provided by Phill My Taco.
Ride Departs at 10:30, ride will be marked and maps will be provided. (For those participating in the poker run, cards are $5 each or 5 for $20)
Noon: Due to Covid-19, they have decided to provide a box lunch in place of the evening meal. Lunch: Turkey/ Ham/ Roast beef Sandwich, Chips, Cookie, Bottled Water ($8.50 Optional Meal Ticket Required) Lunch provided by Tomatoes Pizza Pie
Poker Prize Drawing 4:00: Great Prizes for High and Low hand will be handed out at the city park.
Promoters are excited to break out our machines after being in Quarantine and share the Paiute Trail with you! Sunday, enjoy free-riding the area trails with the maps provided or your own GPS unit.
All Meals and Shirt purchases will be Pre Order only! See www.events.r20constantcontact.com
* Dana Erickson
* Lizzie & Charlie’s RV Park
99 S. Main St.
Marysvale, UT 84750
* Fishlake National Forest
115 E. 900 North
Richfield, UT 84701
* BLM Richfield Field Office
150 E. 900 North
Richfield, UT 84701
* Piute County Travel information
* Utah Travel Information
(800) 200-1160, www.atvutah.com
See you There!
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE PAIUTE TRAILS
Central Utah boasts one of the finest trail systems in the country, and the Paiute Trail System was envisioned in 1989 specifically to draw OHV tourists to the area. Piute County Commissioner Lindon Romide, Forest Service Engineer Clyde Lay and Max Reid sold the idea to local towns across four counties, and they decided to name the trail system after the local Indian tribe. By the 1993, the #01 loop of the Paiute Trail System was hosting the largest OHV jamboree in Utah, September’s Richfield ATV Jamboree, and now the #01 trail is host to three major jamborees a year, including the fastest-growing UTV Jamboree, which is hosted by the tiny town of Marysvale.
There are literally 1000s of miles of trail, including 50-inch trails for original RZRs; be sure to check out the Max Reid Trail, which is part of the Main #01 loop south of Highway I-70. Marysvale is one of the most OHV-friendly towns on the Pauite Trail System, with UTVs and ATVs legal to ride on city streets, and the City Park is jamboree headquarters.
HOTELS, MOTELS & RV PARKS
* Bullion Creekside Cabin & RV Retreat, 1805 W. Bullion Canyon Rd., Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 326-4412
* Bunkhouse Motel, 291 W. 470 S., Circleville, UT 84723; (435) 577-2116
* Butch Cassidy’s Hideout Motel & Café, 339 S. Hwy 89, Circleville, UT 84723; (435) 577-2008
* Circleville RV Park & Store, 85 S. Hwy 89, Circleville, UT 84723; (435)577-2437
* Connie & Greg’s Pine Creek Cabins, 795 S. Pine Creek Rd., Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 421-9309
* Copperbelt Cabin, 2950 W. Bullion Canyon Rd., Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 326-4205
* Junction Motel, 300 S. Main St., Junction, UT 84740: (435) 577-2629
* Junction RV Park, 145 W. Center St., Junction, UT 84740: (435) 577-2744
* Lizzie & Charlie’s RV Park, 99 S. Main, St. Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 326-4213
* Marysvale Bed & Breakfast, 265 N 100 St., Marysvale, UT 84750; 435) 326-4224
* Marysvale Motel 4-U, 240 N. Main st., Marysvale, UT 84750; (435)326-4388
* Moore’s Old Pine Inn, 60 S. Main St., Marysvale, UT 84750: (435) 326-4565
* Otter Creek RV & Marina, 400 E. SR22, Antimony, UT 84712: 435) 624-3292
* South-Forty RV Park, 1170 N. Hwy 89, Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 326-4404
* Weber’s Paiute Trails Inn, 310 N. Main St., Marysvale, UT 84750; (435) 326-4414