Can-Am XPS Racer Phil Blurton won the Best in the Desert Silver State 300 at Alamo, Nevada, finishing an astounding 21st overall. Blurton bested a field of 41 UTV Pro Turbo entrants, finishing behind 10 Trick Trucks and 10 class 1000, 1500 and 6100 buggies. He beat the second-place Turbo racer Jacob Carver (Pol) by almost nine minutes, with Dustin Jones third in another Can-Am X3. The win gives Blurton the BiTD UTV Turbo Pro points lead heading into the Vegas to Reno classic.
Seth Quintero bested a field of 22 Normally-Aspirated Pro 1000s in his Polaris, finishing 48th overall, beating fellow Polaris racers Dan De Ley and Dan Kaatz. In fact, Polaris took the top six N/A Pro spots and nine of the top 10 on the extremely fast SS300 course.
Racer Michael Isom and James Konces (Mobbin’ Racing No Limit RD Can-Am) won the UTV Unlimited class. Texan Josh Shelton took the runner-up spot behind Isom, while Minnesotan Craig Johnson rounded out the all-Maverick X3 podium in third place.
1. Phil Blurton/C-A…5:50:41.748
2. Jacob Carver/Pol…5:59:14.543
3. Dustin Jones/C-A…6:01:47.976
4. Justin Lambert/Pol…6:02:41.425
5. Mitch Guthrie, Jr./Pol…6:05:02.057
6. Dan Fisher/C-A…6:05:21.179
7. Branden Sims/Pol…6:06:45.799
8. Randy Romo/Pol…6:49:02.013
9. Jason Murray/C-A…6:09:51.863
10. Joe Loomis/Pol…6:20:55.098
Pro 1000 N/As
1. Seth Quintero/Pol…6:17:51.103
2. Dan De Ley/Pol…6:18:25.809
3. Dan Kaatz/Pol…6:33:12.894
4. Scott Baker/Pol…6:37:05.216
5. Corbin Wells/Pol…6:43:40.494
6. Joe Bolton/Pol…6:44:11.660
7. Kolton Hustead/Tex…6:50:57.969
8. Burt Jenner/Pol…6:57:32.882
9. Josh Blalock/Pol…7:00:11.890
10. George Felix/Pol…7:01:02.193