ON THE PODIUM: UTV RACING RESULTS
INDIANA X-COUNTRY RACING AT THE HUNT CLUB
The Indiana X-Country Racing series’ ninth round was hosted by the famous John Vincent Hunt Club in south-eastern Indiana, and the weather was much more co-operative than in 2018. Awesome wooded trails with hills, roots, rocks, ruts and streams with rock ledges greeted the 31 entries in the one-hour Saturday evening UTV race.
UTV teams start 10 per row, with rows taking off every 30 seconds. Jason Wofford (Yam) turned some blazing laps to take the physical lead, while John Barnes (Pol) was also setting a blistering pace in second. Wofford was later penalized 35 seconds for starting too early, so his pace was a little too blistering. Barnes took the lead on the fourth lap, only to drop out the next lap.
Meanwhile Nathan Wolff (C-A) was working through the pack and was scored in sixth at the end of the first lap. Wolff picked off a UTV every lap to score the overall and Heavy Pro Mod win on adjusted time (by less than a hundredth-second!), ahead of Wofford and Dwight Pollard (C-A).
IXCR UTV RACING RESULTS
Round 9: Crossplains, IN
1. Nathan Wolff/C-A…HvyProMod…01:02:17.032/7
2. Jason Wofford/Yam…HvyproMod…01:02:17.041/7
3. Dwight Pollard/C-A…HvyProMod…01:03:39.623/7
4. Brandon Moncel/C-A…HvyProMod…01:03:24.912/7
5. Ty Phillips/C-A…HvyProMod…01:05:00.349/7
6. Mitch Wofford/Pol…HvyLtd…01:08:03.846/7
7. Matt Hecker/C-A…HvyProMod…01:09:53.066/7
8. Justin Bex/C-A…HvyProMod…01:10:37.656/7
9. John Carter/Pol…HvyProMod…01:14:14.498/7
10. Logan Flanagan/Pol…HvyLtd…01:00:08.931/6