— GETTING READY FOR WINTER —
What’s more fun than taking UTVs out on the trails and exploring the off-road world? That’s probably the main reason why we buy them, but we can also justify the purchase by the fact that UTVs are very practical as well. This becomes most apparent in the winter time when snow needs to be removed from the driveway. When you attach a snow plow to the front of UTVs they work great for pushing snow out of the way. Fortunately, there are many companies offering snow plows especially designed to install on UTVs.
Extreme Metal Products (EMP) is a company that makes a variety of accessory items for UTVs. The UTV Action magazine crew has tested many EMP products and we know they’re intelligently designed to be functional and built to be durable. That’s why we’re going to check out their snow plow here. It’s getting close to the time when we need to be planning ahead for the snow season… at least, for the people living in the northern areas.
This particular snow plow is designed for the Polaris General and many RZR models. It sells for $999.99 and here is what EMP wants you to know about it…
- Fits: 2014-2017 XP1K, 2014-17 XP1K-4, 2015-17 RZR 900, 2016-17 RZR 900-4, 2016-17 RZR 1000-S, 2016-17 General 1000 and 2017 General 1000-4.
- Lifts and lowers with your winch (not included).
- Powder coated black for superior protection.
- Made from A36 American Steel.
- Laser cut for a great fit.
- Replaceable wear blade.
- Includes plow shoes.
- 72″ Wide blade.
- (2) Trip Springs.
- Ships UPS Ground to your door.
- Vehicle specific mount included, but please put the year and model of RZR or General you have in the comment box during check out.
This is not your average Chinese made ATV plow. It is made in Cleveland, Ohio from American A36 Steel. It features a 14 gauge mold board, backed by a 1/4″ thick steel frame (most UTV/ATV plows do not have a frame). The plow frame is laser cut from 1/4″ thick steel, making it very heavy duty. It raises and lower with your winch, if you do not have one we can offer one. The wear blade is cut from 3/16″ AR36 (abrasion resistant steel). If you need a winch mount see our P/N; 12363.
- The optional power angle allows you to angle the blade without leaving the vehicle. It is an electric / hydraulic Power Angle for an additional $759.99. It also features a pivot in the middle for uneven ground. This also helps to level the blade so you do not wear out one end of your cutting edge.
- More info > http://extrememetalproducts.com/search.html?q=snow+plows&go=Go