HUNT THE WOLF OFF-ROAD RACE
HUNT THE WOLF 14TH EXTREME UTV/ATV RACE
— Going scary fast in Transylvania —
HUNT-THE-WOLF is a five-day race extreme enduro that is like Romaniacs for four-wheelers. It has four ATV and UTV classes. The EXTREME category was consciously designed from the beginning as the hardest ATV race in Europe and possibly worldwide. Machines and racers are taken to their limits, of what is drivable, and of physical exhaustion caused by technical driving. In honor of the solitary wolf, this competition was transformed into an individual race, in which everyone can and has to give it his or her all alone. Start training hard now for this one-of-a-kind extreme four-wheeler enduro.
HUNT-THE-WOLF is a five-day race extreme enduro that is like Romaniacs for four-wheelers. The EXTREME category was consciously designed from the beginning as the hardest ATV race in Europe and possibly worldwide. Machine and racers are taken to their limits, of what is drivable and of physical exhaustion caused by technical driving. In honor of the solitary wolf, this competition was transformed into an individual race, in which everyone can and has to give it all alone. Start training hard now for this one-of-a-kind extreme four-wheeler enduro.
Where: One hour drive from Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, Romania. Exact location will be published in early summer only, to not attract people and problems before then. All new tracks will be done by organizer in July/August, just before the race event starts. The big camp area will be surrounded by 20,000 hectares of remote forests and rugged mountains, and the early September date will invite you to enjoy great outdoor camping around sparkling campfires.
Accommodation: Big base camp, very quite, no electricity. It’s summer: bring your van, camper or tent and sleep in there. Small camp fees apply. Camp will be for racers’ and small pilots’ stuff only. Limited hotel accommodation nearby will be arranged by organizer at the moment of publication of the exact location. Racers from outside Europe and pilots flying in without any team support at the location have the right to pre-book via the organizers. More limited hotel accommodation available some kilometers away, unlimited further away.
Classes: The race event HUNT-THE-WOLF-2020 offers 4 different classes: ADVENTURE, CROSSOVER, SXS and EXTREME. The choice of class must be made when registering online. Subsequently, a class change is possible only one time and only from difficult class to easier class (= downgrading), and costs 20 €. EXTREME is for the “crazy ones” (extremely dangerous!), SXS is for Side by Side pilots who like to face very difficult driving terrain (dangerous!), CROSSOVER is for experienced and very good pilots seeking the flow and a bit less the risk (dangerous!). All these 3 classes have to follow different given GPS tracks with a tolerance of 100m left and right. ADVENTURE is a very special class: no given tracks but “wolves” to be reached, team-riding only, orientation, very complex, race days end at “last wolf” to fully enjoy spectacular landscape on drive back to base. Since overall difficult mountain terrain also this class is not for total beginners.
Entry fees: from 800 to 1000 EUROS (for terms, details and discounts please check in “Entry fee”). Registrations start: January 1, 2020, and Technical Rules, Start-and-Finish Rules, and GPS tracking will be published the same date. See www.hunt-the-wolf.com.
WHAT IS NEW IN 2020:
- Also seconds will count.
- Also SxS and CROSSOVER pilots will have to race a mandatory test track.
- The race modus in ADVENTURE class changed (no given track and more changes, see above and details in “general rules” pdf).
- Strict handling of team size, definition and staying together in ADVENTURE. (see “general rules”)
- Some tracks will be a little bit longer. Difficulties by class never change!
- The “downgrading” to lower classes gets limited and costs a small fee (see “general rules”).
- The new area is almost twice as big as the race area of the last year’s (now over 20,000 hectare). Along the racetracks through the wilderness, the organizers do not provide any assistance and no safety measures or any devices are built to protect the racers. In emergency situations, it will take a long time before help arrives (up to hours!)
- During the registration process, each pilot in front of a running video camera must read a statement with which he takes absolute responsibility for himself and fully agrees to the extremely high risk of injury and death by participating in this race.
- The awards increased in SxS and CROSSOVER classes.
- Access to the camp will be restricted, details will be published later.
- HUNT-THE-WOLF did not get a new title-sponsor. Help us find a new sponsor worthy to be named, and fees will decrease again.
FLY AND RENT A UTV OR ATV:
Fly to Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and race the world’s hardest ATV-Quad-race HUNT-THE-WOLF with a brand new race prepared vehicle. Three rent packages are offered, all include all costs from/to airport. Just add your flight.
In detail all 4 rental offers include:
- A ready-to-race brand new 4×4 UTV or ATV, broken-in with 200 km to have the first service done
- Warn winch, Ironbaltic plastic skidplate, beadlock wheels with 25” or 23” Kenda Bounty Hunter tires and “noodles” (something like tireballs) inside mounted, fenders exchanged with used ones
- registration fee, costs for doctor+FRM+basic liability insurance, personal mechanical presence during the race, 7x hotel or pension room (according to availability)
- all meals for 8 days
- transport of racer and vehicle from (airport) Cluj-Napoca and back, all work time for buying new ATV, mounting accessories, braking in, parking, un-mounting, selling, taxi-service. All ATVs will be bought before the race and sold afterwards.
Option: Can-Am Renegade 1000 package for 4990 € and 5000 € cash deposit.
Asociatia Club Sportiv ATH Racing
Str. Orizontului, Nr. 2
RO 407280 Floresti/Cluj
CUI/Tax number: 24576940
Tel/mobil (English, Deutsch, Italiano, Romaneste, Francais, Espanol):
Tel/mobil: +40 730 909968, Oliver Renzler